We grow food, builds community, and works towards a livable climate!
Produce for People: Food Distribution Coordinator
Eastie Farm is hiring for a full-time food team position! This position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our food work, including our CSA, free food distributions, and events such as cooking classes or potlucks. Please apply by February 7th if possible – we are hoping to fill this position soon!
We encourage you to apply (through the form here) even if you don’t check every box – we may have other positions available that could be a better fit in the future!
Eastie Farm pursues climate justice, food security, and community resilience through urban agriculture, education, and the building of an equitable local food system.
You can fill out the application form here. If you have questions about the application or aren’t able to fill out the form, you can contact email@example.com.
About the Program
Eastie Farm’s Produce For People food program envisions a healthier and more equitable food system. To that end, we work on transformative change . The food team helps constituents build a relationship with the farm in order to get holistic support and move out of food insecurity.
- Organize food distribution and delivery, both free and paid
- Handle payments and donations; manage cash responsibly
- Setup and teardown space for food distribution
- Document deliveries and distributions in detail
- Collect testimonials and engage with community members before, during, and after events
- Minimize waste via proper storage and management of excess produce
- Engage volunteers, community members, and customers across all EF program areas
- Ensure excellent on-site safety and health practices
- Communicate plans, changes in plans, and need for help promptly
- Attend internal meetings and community events
- Plan and execute additional food program events such as potlucks or cooking classes
- Ensure an excellent experience for each community member/customer
- Manage distribution at satellite sites as needed
- Prior experience in food access or other non-profit work ideal
- Ability to delegate tasks and supervise volunteers including youth volunteers
- Ability to ask for help as and when needed
- Experience with Google suite or equivalent
- Experience with PoS systems and/or billing software
- Experience in event planning and social media management
- Retail or food service experience
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual in English and Spanish ideal
- Community engagement/ people skills
- Valid driver’s license
- EF spaces must be safe, welcoming, and engaging
- EF staff must engage people holistically (our services are not transactional)
- All EF programs are meant to feed into other programs
- EF spaces serve as living examples of climate adaptation and alternative land use – all services should be used to demonstrate these features
Full-time / 40 hours per week / Start date ASAP
$45,000 – $53,000 based on experience, plus benefits